- Career & Technology
- Audio Visual Communications
- Auto Body / Collision & Repair Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Carpentry & Building Construction
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Maintenance Technology
- Computer Network Security
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Occupation
- Health Related Technologies
- Law Enforcement / Police Science
- Machine Tooling Technology
- Sales Distributon & Marketing Education
This program combines theory with hands on practical skills that provide training in all aspects of the Cosmetology industry. Some of the skills learned, include: hairstyling; hair cutting; permanent waving, hair coloring, manicures, skin care and make up. Students have the opportunity to attend the New York City International Hair Show, in order to keep up with the latest trends in fashion and styling.
If all hours,(1,250), are completed by April of their senior year, students may apply and test for the State Board Exam in Cosmetology. This allows them to earn their Cosmetology license.
Career opportunities exist in all aspects of the Cosmetology field. These include:
- Hair Stylist
- Salon Owner/Manager
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Theatrical make-up & styling
- Sales representatives for cosmetic firms
"Coming to West Side CTC was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made in my educational career. It has improved my social skills as well as my academic achievements."
"The Cosmetology program at West Side CTC has helped me to change my perspective on the future. I now know that I could have a successful career after high school."