- Career & Technology
- Audio Visual Communications
- Auto Body / Collision & Repair Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Carpentry & Building Construction
- Computer Information Technology
- Computer Maintenance Technology
- Computer Network Security
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Occupation
- Health Related Technologies
- Law Enforcement / Police Science
- Machine Tooling Technology
- Sales Distributon & Marketing Education
Machine Tooling Technology
The machine tool technology student will learn to set up and operate various machining tools to fabricate precision parts for use in many industries. The student will learn blueprint reading, sketching, and identifying exploded view working drawings. Trainees will be instructed in the proper and safe use of highly technical power equipment, such as lathe; drill press; and grinders. Students will also learn to use precision measuring devices to specifications, and have the ability to select the appropriate material for fabrication.
Students train on up to date, high tech equipment. The shop is equipped with two numerical control machines, one CNC Lathe and one CNC Mill. In addition, it has the latest versions of CAD-CAM and welding equipment, ARC, MIG, and TIG.
Students are given the opportunity to receive certification from the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS).
Machinists are designated as a high priority occupation in Pennsylvania. This designation means that the occupation is in demand by employers, has high skill requirements, and offers a family-sustaining wage. The average salary for an entry-level machinist in Pennsylvania is $36, 490.00.
Career opportunities available include:
- Machine Tool Operator
- Tool and Die Maker
- CNC Machine Operators
- Manufacturing Technicians
- Engineering Associates and Technicians
"Mr. Galanda works with us on an individual basis to help us learn about the aspects of the field that is of most interest to us."
"The possibilities in this shop are endless!"